Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

var s = s_gi("examplersid"); the "s" tracking object is empty on pages due to ad blockers.

Level 1

var s = s_gi("examplersid"); the "s" tracking object is empty on pages due to ad blockers. How to handle the appmeasurement.js in such scenarios? Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If the user has ad blockers that prevent the "s" object from being created properly, then that basically means that the user is preventing tracking from happening, and there's generally no workaround*.

* Well, there are workarounds, but they can be quite technical and involved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If the user has ad blockers that prevent the "s" object from being created properly, then that basically means that the user is preventing tracking from happening, and there's generally no workaround*.

* Well, there are workarounds, but they can be quite technical and involved.

Level 1

Thanks for getting back! looks like the ad blocker is searching for visitorapi.js and appmeasurement.js files. Can we rename those files and would that have any consequences to consider? Thanks again.

Community Advisor

You could rename the files in a roundabout way, i.e. save a copy of those files in your website's file system but under new names, then load them up in your web pages. But that's hard to manage for one big reason: whenever Adobe updates those files, you'll need to get new copies all over again.

I take a more zen-like approach: if the user doesn't want to be tracked, then don't track the user. Time will tell how well that plays out, though.