Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Users who did X types of events within one visit

Level 4

I'm trying to create a segment of users who, within the same visit took an X number of actions. Is this possible?

I have an unique identifier for each user. So, for example: a segment for users who downloaded 3 PDFs within the same visit. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Bernardo,

In the context of your scenario the users are identified by the built-in visitor IDs rather than by a custom dimension you may have set with a custom unique identifier (unless you set it in s.visitorID variable).

Create a segment with a Visit container and add a condition that filters PDFs and the number of their downloads. In the out of the box implementation that could look as download link instances equals 3 AND download link ends with .pdf.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Bernardo,

In the context of your scenario the users are identified by the built-in visitor IDs rather than by a custom dimension you may have set with a custom unique identifier (unless you set it in s.visitorID variable).

Create a segment with a Visit container and add a condition that filters PDFs and the number of their downloads. In the out of the box implementation that could look as download link instances equals 3 AND download link ends with .pdf.