Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Use a CheckOut Event without details of shopping cart (SKU, items, prices) ?

Level 1

Hi,

I have an implementation on a funnel where I could send a checkOut Event (I detect the step) but I don't have details of th eshopping cart.

So I can't populate the product varaible with SKU, number of items or price and between a search step and the purchase I don't have others events to detect abandon etc.

Is it a good idea to use a checkout event without those details?

Thanks,

Laurent

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I will advise not to send the s.products variable if there is no value. In the worth case scenario it will add a none line with checkout assigned to it, but i doubt it as the value in the s.products variable need to respect a specific format to populate the corresponding report and in our case it will not as there will be no value at all

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Laurent,

The event scCheckout does not require to have products details to be send at the same time. I think you should still send it as you will want to know how many visitors started a checkout process. You will also be able to use the checkout event in a funnel, so for example you can make one with cart open, cart add checkout purchase.

The only negative point to not send product with checkout is that you will not be able to run a report to see which products drive the most checkouts.

Best regards.

Alexis

Level 1

Hi Alexis,

ok I think too that it's better to have the events like add, remove, checkout o^pen etc. but there are no information about the effect of no products in the products variable.

Thanks,

Laurent

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I will advise not to send the s.products variable if there is no value. In the worth case scenario it will add a none line with checkout assigned to it, but i doubt it as the value in the s.products variable need to respect a specific format to populate the corresponding report and in our case it will not as there will be no value at all