Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

URL gets reset to domain url for some items in Pages Report

Level 1

In my pages report, there are some items that when you either

1) hover over the Omniture Page Name or

2) click on the "Open URL in New Window"

The URL is set to the general domain and loses the rest of the URL that should be there.  There are other pages that have the full URL and the page loads as it should.  The pageName is correct but the report loses the full URL.

Have seen this before but cannot remember why.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

With regards to page URL tied to a page name value, it takes the associated URL of that first page name value seen in the given month. This means if multiple page URL's are tied to a given page name, only the first URL will open in the interface.

If you find that you commonly face this issue, I'd recommend setting a prop to something like s.propXX=window.location.hostname+window.location.pathname, then breaking down page name by this URL prop. You can then highlight the URL and open it in a new tab - this method also shows you all URLs where that page name is populating, which may be helpful in debugging.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

With regards to page URL tied to a page name value, it takes the associated URL of that first page name value seen in the given month. This means if multiple page URL's are tied to a given page name, only the first URL will open in the interface.

If you find that you commonly face this issue, I'd recommend setting a prop to something like s.propXX=window.location.hostname+window.location.pathname, then breaking down page name by this URL prop. You can then highlight the URL and open it in a new tab - this method also shows you all URLs where that page name is populating, which may be helpful in debugging.