Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Unspecified % of visits

Level 1

We are observing that the % of unspecified visits has increased by ~10% in the months of April and May for one of our eVar metric is Visit.

Can someone let me know how to debug and find the reason for the sudden spike

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you are using Visits as metric in the evar report and see an increase in the number of Unspecified, this must be due to evar values not being set in the hits. You may want to check for Pages which contributed to most of the Unspecified visits and check the code/set up on why the value would not have been set on these pages.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 1
'Unspecified' Visits for an eVar means that the variable doesn't take any value in those visits.

Level 1
'Unspecified' Visits for an eVar means that the variable doesn't take any value in those visits.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you are using Visits as metric in the evar report and see an increase in the number of Unspecified, this must be due to evar values not being set in the hits. You may want to check for Pages which contributed to most of the Unspecified visits and check the code/set up on why the value would not have been set on these pages.

Level 1
HI @christou_c, thanks for the help. I know how Unspecified work but want to find the reason for the sudden rise in the value in last two months.

Level 1

It can be:

i) a data availability issue (e.g. the respective data layer property is empty in some cases),

ii) an analytics implementation issue (for some reason, eVar doesn't get populated), or

iii) expected (eVar was never meant to get populated in those case).

I would start by searching patterns in Analytics. Are the "Unspecified" instances related to a specific Device, Browser, Page, etc. dimension?