Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!

Unspecified data For page names for apps in iOS devices

Level 2

I see a lot of visits for the customers where there are no page names and this is happening only in iOS devices. The data is falling into unspecified category. 

When Self serve transactions are compared with visits, i get a lot of data in unspecified 

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Are you using AEP Assurance for testing your implementations? Or are you using Proxy tools like Charles or Fiddler?

The first step to this is to test the flow... see if the Page Name is properly being passed on your trackStates. Note that trackActions (the equivalent of s.tl) don't pass names... if you need a Page Name on your actions / clicks, you will need to set up a dedicated dimension for this (which is a good idea anyway for your overall web and app implementation).

Since we cannot see your app or its implementation, you will have to be our eyes helping to verify what is happening so that we can offer suggestions.

Level 2

We are using AEP Assurance for testing. 

In terms of page names implementation, most of the flows have page names. I am trying to understand why there are 20% sessions where page name is not getting displayed when we create segments. Attached is the screenshot

Community Advisor

How is your segment for "null" defined? Keep in mind that Actions don't have page names (this includes your lifecycle metrics).

Though, I agree, the distribution between iOS and Android (using the same definition) is concerning, this still could be accounted for in iOS traffic being higher and more engaged (triggering more actions than the Android counterpart).

Can you try to identify the "null" values, and correlate them to other dimensions that are being captured? Are they pages, actions, etc? If they are pages, can you find a pattern to what page(s) are most impacted to target your testing there?