Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Unique visitors are greater in freeform than fallout

Level 1

Hi everyone

We have a flow for a service where the first four steps are required and the customer who wants to complete has to go through all the steps.

When I look at the freeform page. I have the following numbers:

1843661_pastedImage_8.png

But when I put these same pages in the fallout report the number of unique visitors drops from the second step forward:

1843662_pastedImage_9.png

Does anyone know why this happens?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

If you are within 1% of the overall numbers, the difference isn't impactful.

There are a plethora of reasons this could occur, lets say that someone on an Apple device is impacted by ITP.  They could come to your site via the browser history and enter on a middle step.

Another example could be users who navigate between pages so quickly that analytics is never triggered (they show up in step 3, but not 2).

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 5

If you are within 1% of the overall numbers, the difference isn't impactful.

There are a plethora of reasons this could occur, lets say that someone on an Apple device is impacted by ITP.  They could come to your site via the browser history and enter on a middle step.

Another example could be users who navigate between pages so quickly that analytics is never triggered (they show up in step 3, but not 2).