Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Unexpected discrepancy

Level 2

Hello everyone !
We have some events with the 'record once per visit' type and use them as default counters.
I compare one record once per visit event with visits metric(using segment on hit with the values in CustomLink and Products dimensions). In most cases, difference between this 2 methods is really small, like < 3%, but in some urls it can be more than 30%, what may be the reasons of that ?
Is it correct to compare these metrics and how does Adobe Analytics calculate values of the 'record once per visit' events ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear AMinakov,

Do not compare the event (with record once per visit) with the visits while you break it down with the dimensions.

Let's see the example: In a visit, URL1 triggers the event, URL 2 triggers the event and URL 3 triggers the event.

Because you set the configuration of the event to 'record once per visit', the event is recorded during the first event i.e. against URL 1. However, the same won't be captured against URL 2 and URL 3 (But visits will be recorded for all 3 URLs).

Now, if you compare the visits and event against URL1, it will be a perfect match. But not for URL2 and URL3.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

@AMinakov You can use "Single Access" metric against a specific dimension and compare it with your report

Here is the documentation on the same 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/metrics/single-access.html?lang=en

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear AMinakov,

Do not compare the event (with record once per visit) with the visits while you break it down with the dimensions.

Let's see the example: In a visit, URL1 triggers the event, URL 2 triggers the event and URL 3 triggers the event.

Because you set the configuration of the event to 'record once per visit', the event is recorded during the first event i.e. against URL 1. However, the same won't be captured against URL 2 and URL 3 (But visits will be recorded for all 3 URLs).

Now, if you compare the visits and event against URL1, it will be a perfect match. But not for URL2 and URL3.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

Level 2

Dear Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun),
Thank you for your answer !
I understand your example, but what I'm doing is a little bit different and that's why I was surprised.
Let me try to explain : I compare 'record once per visit' event with the visits with the special condition on the custom link on hit. That's why I expect to see the same numbers while breaking down with the urls dimension.
And the strange thing is that I see difference only in a few URls.

Level 2

Oh, now I fully understand your reply and I think that I made a mistake, that you mentioned in your reply ! Thank you so much, your comment was really helpful for me