Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Tracking without Cookie

Level 2

As you know, there are privacy issues around using Cookie nowadays.

And basically, not using Cookie means that site analytics based on cookie can't be done.

but is there really no way to tracking without Cookie?

As I know, information of page is transmitted to omniture server when the page calls a request. and the cookie will be planted.

I think it's possible to gather information refusing cookie on user end or providing garbage cookie.

Please let me know whether it's right or wrong, and please help me if you know the right answer or solutions.

thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

It's certainly worth noting that visitors who have disabled cookies on their browser or the visitors' browsers simply do not support persistent cookies often only comprise approximately one to two percent of total visitors. Adobe leverages various technologies to measure visitors to a web site, including persistent cookies, IP addresses, user agent string, or a combination of these. 

Furthermore, our January maintenance release of the JavaScript library (H.25.3 version) included a new cookie called s_fid; a fallback visitor identification method. "This cookie is used to identify a unique visitor if the standard s_vi cookie is unavailable due to third-party cookie restrictions." This has allowed Adobe Analytics data collection to overcome many of these cookie challenges. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

It's certainly worth noting that visitors who have disabled cookies on their browser or the visitors' browsers simply do not support persistent cookies often only comprise approximately one to two percent of total visitors. Adobe leverages various technologies to measure visitors to a web site, including persistent cookies, IP addresses, user agent string, or a combination of these. 

Furthermore, our January maintenance release of the JavaScript library (H.25.3 version) included a new cookie called s_fid; a fallback visitor identification method. "This cookie is used to identify a unique visitor if the standard s_vi cookie is unavailable due to third-party cookie restrictions." This has allowed Adobe Analytics data collection to overcome many of these cookie challenges. 

Level 1
Our IT guys told me that if user doesn’t accept cookies will not be visible in our Adobe Analytics data, is that true? We are, according to our laweyers, obliged to get a conset for any cookie... we are using cookies consent managment module. Needless to say, wa are facing a huge traffic decrease. Can you please suggest a solution?

Level 1

This is good to know that Adobe can do non-cookie based tracking but what are the things that will be compromised with this or will not give accurate data.

Thanks

Level 1

Alternatively you can use Server-side implementation using the Data Insertion API.