Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Tracking of user journey interrupted

Level 5

Hi, I'm experiencing a problem when trying to figure out user journey with the pathing reports. Basically we have some pages that lie on another domain and whenever the user visits those pages, the tracking session gets interrupted and starts anew. So I cannot look at paths being taken on these pages and coming back from them. I cannot correlate the information happening on the pages with the rest of the user journey. But I'm not sure why this is the case. If I use the debugger I cannot find big differences in the tracking calls. What should I look at?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Alev

are you able to share the URLs? It's much easier to troubleshoot that way. We have many subdomains and have no issues so it's definitely possible, but apart from setting the internal URL filters, it's hard to suggest something else without looking at the calls directly

Cheers

Kristi

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 4

Have you added the domains to the Internal URL Filters in the Admin console? Also, is the data being send to the same rsid on the different domain?

Level 5

Yes, the domains are added to the internal URL filters and I have to be more  specific. It's not different domains, but rather one subdomain that doesn't connect to the rest. So we have domain abc.com and I have subdomain.abc.com The latter pages aren't connected to the rest of the domain's pages. Yes, they both report to the same rsid. Can this hv something to do with visitor migration key?

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Alev

are you able to share the URLs? It's much easier to troubleshoot that way. We have many subdomains and have no issues so it's definitely possible, but apart from setting the internal URL filters, it's hard to suggest something else without looking at the calls directly

Cheers

Kristi