Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Track search result link that was clicked (search destination page) when someone uses internal search

Level 6

I am trying to determine how to track the search result link that was clicked when someone uses the search www.esri.com/search page. I just want to capture and report the destination url so that I have a report that has the search term and the search link that was clicked or the destination page from the search term used.

Is there a method in DTM that tracks and collects the internal search link clicked or do I need to write 15 – 20 lines of code to capture the link click through a querySelectorAll and attach event listeners to each link and push it to a datalayer to be collected?

I assume DTM can do some of the heavy lifting using event and page based rules to track the link click. I know that Google Analytics tracks the search start page, search term and search destination page (page visitor saw after performing a search on the site) out-of-the-box so I assume Adobe Analytics has a similiar setup.

thanks in advance,

Scott

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10
2 Replies

Level 1

I have a similar problem (being a very beginner). Basically looking for an option to see 'internal search term' and then future destination page. Goal: finding out which page is more popular based on shared terms.

I believe this can be partially done using 'flow' but that offers also a lot of data I outside of this. 

Is there any way to build a custom segment maybe? 

Thank you. 

Correct answer by
Level 10