Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Time Spent on site per Unique Visitor

Level 1

I am looking to find time spent on site for every single unique visitor grouped by individual minutes. At the moment all I can pull is a general breakdown ie. 1-5 mins, 10-30 mins etc.  I need this to be 1 min, 2 min, 3 min .  The business scenario is the calculation of headroom , so I need to see how long a group of users engages with the site.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Kelso,

If you have access to Datawarehouse you could extract "Visitor ID" and "total seconds spent" for the required period. Then you can add the segments (1 minute, 2 minutes, etc..) that you are looking for and group the visitors by your segment. You could do this in Excel for example.

It might get problematic if you have a lot of unique visitors (+/- 1 million)  because of the file size. But I don't see an option with the other tools, maybe others do.

Martijn

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Kelso,

If you have access to Datawarehouse you could extract "Visitor ID" and "total seconds spent" for the required period. Then you can add the segments (1 minute, 2 minutes, etc..) that you are looking for and group the visitors by your segment. You could do this in Excel for example.

It might get problematic if you have a lot of unique visitors (+/- 1 million)  because of the file size. But I don't see an option with the other tools, maybe others do.

Martijn