Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

Telephone # Exit Links

Level 2

Hello,

I've noticed that random telephone numbers are appearing on my Exit Links report and not quite sure how this information is being recorded. Some of the numbers are "Contact Us" information found on the website...but others have no relation. Is it possible that someone dials a number or receives a call when viewing the website and then is directed away, and recorded as an exit?

Does anyone know how and when Site Catalyst records these random phone numbers?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi David/beau0269:

The Links-> Exit Links report should help you investigate this random telephone numbers issue. Look for some possible exit pages where this issue can occur.

Also, I can suggest you a quick tip to stop getting these phones numbers in your exit link report. It will not only save your time but also will be a QUICK FIX.

Solution:

The fix can be made in the s_code file. Just access the s_code.js file code (could be hosted on your servers or ATM or DTM or Any other Tag Manager tool). Look for "s.linkTrackVars" in the s_code.js file and add/assign "tel:" to it. Needless to say, save your changes and re-deploy the s_code file.

This will stop firing the exit links on any CTA which triggers a Exit Link to phone numbers. 

Hope this helps !

Regards,

Harsh Kabra |  Adobe Certified Expert: Digital Analytics® & SiteCatalyst Implementation & Reporting®

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Please request data feed from customer care and study the data. It should tell you on which page it happened and so on .

Best regards.

Alexis Cazes

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi David/beau0269:

The Links-> Exit Links report should help you investigate this random telephone numbers issue. Look for some possible exit pages where this issue can occur.

Also, I can suggest you a quick tip to stop getting these phones numbers in your exit link report. It will not only save your time but also will be a QUICK FIX.

Solution:

The fix can be made in the s_code file. Just access the s_code.js file code (could be hosted on your servers or ATM or DTM or Any other Tag Manager tool). Look for "s.linkTrackVars" in the s_code.js file and add/assign "tel:" to it. Needless to say, save your changes and re-deploy the s_code file.

This will stop firing the exit links on any CTA which triggers a Exit Link to phone numbers. 

Hope this helps !

Regards,

Harsh Kabra |  Adobe Certified Expert: Digital Analytics® & SiteCatalyst Implementation & Reporting®