Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Site Section Data suddenly reduced

Level 2

Hi Team,

I have few questions around Site Section Data:

Situations - Till Sept, my data for Site section was inline with the previous month's data. But suddenly from the month of October, data has largely reduced.

We have migrated the website from one cms to another, but I am not sure if that can hamper the data.

Assumptions - Site Section gets captured by default by Adobe.

Can anyone help and understand why this can be so and what can be done to understand, why this data is less?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Site Section is not captured by default in analytics, you must pass the site section value using s.channel variable, I would test the webpage and see if s.channel variable is populated as intended in order to validate if it's implemented.

Site Sections

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Site Section is not captured by default in analytics, you must pass the site section value using s.channel variable, I would test the webpage and see if s.channel variable is populated as intended in order to validate if it's implemented.

Site Sections

Hope that helps.

Level 2

Hi Ankit,

Thank you for replying.

Can you please help me on how can I test that s.channel variable is populating on the webpage or not.

Also, how can I implement this on the webpage, as till September it was working fine and I did not do any changes and now data is not coming as intended.

Thanks

Employee Advisor

do you have a web page I can check, usually you can invoke the analytics library in developer console by hitting s_c_il and based on the array number you can access the variable you have implemented on analytics object.

1852757_pastedImage_0.png

Level 2

Thank you so much Ankit for looking into it.

I did look through the way you mentioned , but did not really understand where exactly to look at since, I am relatively new to implementation.

Can you please check on nb.com for site section and help me guide on how to proceed further.

Thanks a bunch

Level 2

ankits28281247

Hi,

Can you please help look into this problem of mine.

It would be very helpful for me. I would be able to understand on how I can capture this data.

Thank You

Employee Advisor

alles40543848​ notice in the screenshot below the channel variable is blank, meaning it;s not set on the page, your developer need to make sure a value should be set on the page if you want data to be shown in site section report, let me know if that helps, happy to help further

1855982_pastedImage_0.png

Level 2

ankits28281247​ Thank you so much for looking into this.This is for sure helpful, can you please guide me on what exactly to be told to my developer.

Like what generally goes into the code for the channel and is there anything specific which is to be declared in the line of codes for the same.

Thanks a bunch

Employee Advisor

I would suggest to pass this document to them : Page variables

look for the channel in the document which has the implementation example of how to pass values in s.channel, usually a value is passed on the page in your analytics app measurement when a specific section of your website is browsed by the users:

Let me know if there are questions.

Level 2

Hi ankits28281247​,

The mentioned page is not getting loaded. I tried multiple browsers and also tried to search this information but landed on the same page.

Can you please screenshot the information or provide any other link with the same information.

Thank you

Level 2

1856740_pastedImage_0.png

Screenshot of how it is appearing at my end.

Employee Advisor

Seems like there is an issue with the documents at the moment, I would suggest to try in sometime, I have notified the document team about the same.