Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Show event result by unique visitors in workspace

Level 1

Hi all,

I send an event to dataLayer when button clicked, so I'm able to show the results of how many times for button clicked per day.

However, is there a way to combine the metrics with unique visitors metrics so that I can only show the times of button clicked by unique visitors?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I usually create a segment "Event X Exists", just a standard hit level segment - then I can use it for other purposes if I need (most of the time it will be only available in the Workspace, I don't make it a public segment unless this is something I will need to use over and over again).

Then in the Workspace, I stack this segment with the metric I want, like Unique Visitors.

Because I used Hit on the segment, the daily breakdown will ensure that only hits on that day are included; stacking the UV metric with segment ensures that I get the UVs who performed the action.

(If you try and create the actual segment at the Visitor level it will be all time... Any visitor who triggered the event ever, which isn't what you want)

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I usually create a segment "Event X Exists", just a standard hit level segment - then I can use it for other purposes if I need (most of the time it will be only available in the Workspace, I don't make it a public segment unless this is something I will need to use over and over again).

Then in the Workspace, I stack this segment with the metric I want, like Unique Visitors.

Because I used Hit on the segment, the daily breakdown will ensure that only hits on that day are included; stacking the UV metric with segment ensures that I get the UVs who performed the action.

(If you try and create the actual segment at the Visitor level it will be all time... Any visitor who triggered the event ever, which isn't what you want)

Community Advisor

'show the times of button clicked by unique visitors', I am wondering if you are looking to get the times of button clicked by each unique visitor, which is not using the unique visitors metric but you are trying to get a table with the list of unique visitors and the time of button clicked as the metric.

In Adobe Analytics, each visitor is identified by the Visitor ID but this Visitor ID is not available in the Workspace UI as a dimension but it is available in Data Warehouse where you can export the dimension Visitor ID and the event of your button click.

If you want to use Workspace, you need to additionally track the Visitor ID as an evar so you can use that to create the freeform table.