Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Shipping Rule network call is not firing.

Level 1

Hey All,

I have framed 2 rules scCheckout & Shipping in a single page with separate data layer for both the specific events as shown below. I have created separate XDM data elements also for the same. But i am not able to view the network call for the shipping rule i have configure.
Kindly help me sort the issue.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Thanks for the screenshots. Looks like your Rules have been configured correctly.

I suspect that it's a timing issue. Your 2 data layer pushes are occurring one after the other immediately. But during the "Shipping" push, the browser is still processing the "Checkout" push. As a result, it seems that the "Shipping" push is not being triggered.

From what I can see in your data layer contents, you're sending the same product information both times. So no one can really tell if it is the "Checkout" or "Shipping" push that's actually being tracked, we can only assume that the "Checkout" one is being tracked since it comes first. To verify, can you modify the productName for the "Shipping" push to be something different? Then we can see which data layer push gets tracked: the "Checkout" productName or the "Shipping" productName.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Please show the 2 Rules where you are using the "Checkout" and "Shipping" events in the data layer.

Level 1

Hey @yuhuisg, kindly refer the S.S below.

1.1.) Page Level Data Layer:-

PavanV2_11-1710464557060.png

2.1) XDM Data Element created for Cart Checkout Step 1: Shipping Information.PavanV2_0-1710464040241.png

PavanV2_1-1710464077697.pngPavanV2_2-1710464118446.png

PavanV2_3-1710464206234.png

2.2) Rule Created for Shipping :-

PavanV2_4-1710464273996.png

PavanV2_5-1710464302364.png

3.1) XDM Data Element created for Cart Checkout

PavanV2_6-1710464364190.png

PavanV2_7-1710464394216.png

PavanV2_8-1710464416687.png

3.2) Rule Created for Cart Checkout

PavanV2_9-1710464440205.png

PavanV2_10-1710464517448.png

Regards
Pavan V

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Thanks for the screenshots. Looks like your Rules have been configured correctly.

I suspect that it's a timing issue. Your 2 data layer pushes are occurring one after the other immediately. But during the "Shipping" push, the browser is still processing the "Checkout" push. As a result, it seems that the "Shipping" push is not being triggered.

From what I can see in your data layer contents, you're sending the same product information both times. So no one can really tell if it is the "Checkout" or "Shipping" push that's actually being tracked, we can only assume that the "Checkout" one is being tracked since it comes first. To verify, can you modify the productName for the "Shipping" push to be something different? Then we can see which data layer push gets tracked: the "Checkout" productName or the "Shipping" productName.

Level 1

Hey @yuhuisg , ok let me try giving a different product detail for the data layer with respect to shipping XDM Data Element i have framed.

Meanwhile i guess i have framed the XDM Data Element and the Rule appropriate.