Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Share Ad Hoc Analysis reports

Level 2
I have some browser reports which I have created with Ad Hoc Analysis (formerly Discover). The reports need to be shared with all the SiteCatalyst users in our company.

Some of these reports are multi-dimensional ranked reports, while others are trended reports.

The other users who receive these reports should be able to:
1. Look at the raw data and be able to modify things like date range.
2. Use the report as a starting point for their own analysis.

I have looked at exporting the data to Excel, but the format of exported multidimensional reports is not exactly what I want (I would prefer multidimensional/pivot tables/charts in Excel too).

What are the options for sharing ad-hoc analysis based reports with other users?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Sriram,

If the AHA reports can only be built to the required specifications there; I think Excel is still your best output option even with the noted limitations. You are right however if you do not transform on their behalf beforehand in Excel that upon receipt users may have to undertake further transformation work in Excel.

The other option would be send send as a .CSV to a FTP server and then have the file picked up and ingested by an internal database for further querying/BI type reports depending on what internal data systems are in play.

An overview of AHA delivery options via the help microsite: http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/dsc/r_delivery_options.html

Best,

Brian

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Sriram,

If the AHA reports can only be built to the required specifications there; I think Excel is still your best output option even with the noted limitations. You are right however if you do not transform on their behalf beforehand in Excel that upon receipt users may have to undertake further transformation work in Excel.

The other option would be send send as a .CSV to a FTP server and then have the file picked up and ingested by an internal database for further querying/BI type reports depending on what internal data systems are in play.

An overview of AHA delivery options via the help microsite: http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/dsc/r_delivery_options.html

Best,

Brian