Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Session intervals

Level 2

If we define session intervals as "the amount of time that passes between visits to a website or app". How can we get this metric in Adobe Analytics?

Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I am assuming you are on Adobe Analytics and not CJA.

AA has a "Days since Last Visit" dimension that you can use out of the box.

If you need something more granular, you could try using some of the web based plugins for your website:

However, these won't work in your apps (and even on web would rely on cookies, so traffic between different browsers or devices won't really be captured)... you will have to create a custom solution (or rather your developers will have to create a custom solution) to try and replicate the logic, by tracking app usage, storing information in the app and calculating the length of time between visits; then passing that as part of your tracking.

Keep in mind, there will always be challenges for users using Web AND App... it's already hard enough to identify these cross platform users as the same person, but time between cross platform visits will likely be impossible.

Assuming you can even identify cross platform users, you might be better off calculating something like this using Raw Data feeds, but that is a large undertaking.

I don't have CJA, but with the cross device stitching, it may have better ways to derive such information.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I am assuming you are on Adobe Analytics and not CJA.

AA has a "Days since Last Visit" dimension that you can use out of the box.

If you need something more granular, you could try using some of the web based plugins for your website:

However, these won't work in your apps (and even on web would rely on cookies, so traffic between different browsers or devices won't really be captured)... you will have to create a custom solution (or rather your developers will have to create a custom solution) to try and replicate the logic, by tracking app usage, storing information in the app and calculating the length of time between visits; then passing that as part of your tracking.

Keep in mind, there will always be challenges for users using Web AND App... it's already hard enough to identify these cross platform users as the same person, but time between cross platform visits will likely be impossible.

Assuming you can even identify cross platform users, you might be better off calculating something like this using Raw Data feeds, but that is a large undertaking.

I don't have CJA, but with the cross device stitching, it may have better ways to derive such information.