Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Segments

Level 1

Hi,

If I share my AA file with my colleagues (with the option to edit), how can they edit my segments? I know that they can duplicate, rename and save as them... but Is there a manner without duplicating, etc.?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

They can't

Segments aren't shareable for editing... They can edit the Workspace only, but not the segments... the reason being that only Admin Users have the permissions to edit segments.

Since segments could be used by a number of users and you wouldn't want those to be broken by someone who isn't aware of where it could be used and by who, Non-Admin users would be working in a specific report, if they could make changes (the segment is/could still available to other people and would affect other reports) they could easily break other reports..... For Adobe to check ALL the locations where a segment is used and try to make logical decisions about if a user is safe to edit (only used in this report) or not, would be a very heavy query that would slow things down considerably.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/segmentation/segment-reference/seg-righ... 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

They can't

Segments aren't shareable for editing... They can edit the Workspace only, but not the segments... the reason being that only Admin Users have the permissions to edit segments.

Since segments could be used by a number of users and you wouldn't want those to be broken by someone who isn't aware of where it could be used and by who, Non-Admin users would be working in a specific report, if they could make changes (the segment is/could still available to other people and would affect other reports) they could easily break other reports..... For Adobe to check ALL the locations where a segment is used and try to make logical decisions about if a user is safe to edit (only used in this report) or not, would be a very heavy query that would slow things down considerably.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/segmentation/segment-reference/seg-righ...