Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Segments from Pathing analysis

Level 2

Hi,

I've recently conducted some pathing analysis using Full Paths to see what our most popular journeys are. We've found a lot of traffic visiting specific areas of our site that won't convert so I'm looking to create a segment in Ad Hoc Analysis/Workspace to identify these users.

Is it possible for me to segment users who only visited one or two specific pages of site?

I want to exclude any visits that went to pages other than the two above... is this possible?

Thanks,
James

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

For your first question:

The first would be for visits that just visited Home, Landing page and Login.

You can use the example I have shown above. Select the Visits container and set it to Exclude. Add the three conditions for Home, Landing page and Login, separated by an AND operator.

For the second question:

The second segment would be visits that include any page other than the three mentioned, but could also include the three pages mentioned

As you have mentioned, it is basically the opposite. Try reversing the conditions. Which means, make is a INCLUDE container and have the individual conditions separated by OR operator. Keep it a Visits Container

Let me know if this works.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi James,

You should be able to create something like this:

Hope that helps!

Employee Advisor

Hi James

You will need to use the exclude container functionality on a visit container....since you want to exclude visits.

If I want to exclude all visits where users visited pages other than the home page and shopping cart page, it would be like this:

-Hyder

Level 2

Thanks for this. I'm also looking at creating two similar segments.

The first would be for visits that just visited Home, Landing page and Login. This could be in any order, any number of times. This would be called "Non transacting" as the user doesn't visit a page where they can transact.

The second segment would be visits that include any page other than the three mentioned, but could also include the three pages mentioned (basically the opposite of the above). This would be "Transacting" as they visit pages where they can convert

I've tried to create these but having some issues when I then go to look at the Full Path reports. When I create the "Transacting" segment I can see the top path is Home > Login. This visit should not be included as the user isn't visiting a page where they can transact.

Any ideas on how I'd create these two?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

For your first question:

The first would be for visits that just visited Home, Landing page and Login.

You can use the example I have shown above. Select the Visits container and set it to Exclude. Add the three conditions for Home, Landing page and Login, separated by an AND operator.

For the second question:

The second segment would be visits that include any page other than the three mentioned, but could also include the three pages mentioned

As you have mentioned, it is basically the opposite. Try reversing the conditions. Which means, make is a INCLUDE container and have the individual conditions separated by OR operator. Keep it a Visits Container

Let me know if this works.