Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Segments Conditions Not Applying

Level 1

I ran into an issue while trying to create segments that divide our visitors per country.

Assuming we have a site called example.com/en-us/ with a few other countries (let's say en-gb and it-it for the example). The site contains various sections that we would like to track such as example.com/application/en-us/ and example.com/en-us/article-page

When trying to create segments that isolate /application/en-us/ from all the others. Including the default pages example.com/en-us.

I set the segment as follows:

Include: Visitor

URL contains " /application/en-us/ "

However, when using the segment and viewing the URL list the segment still displays most pages from example.com/en-us that do not contain application in the URL. Our setup is a little bit weird, but this should give more or less of an idea of our URLs. Is there anything I'm missing from setting up the segments correctly? Excluding countries or certain elements didn't seem to apply either.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

Hi there,

It looks like your use case requires a Hit container for your segment. Setting it to Visitor allows you to see all of the pages viewed by any visitor who has visited the "/application/en-us/" page (including across visits). If you just want to look at data associated with any hit related to that page, you will need to change the container setting to Hit.

For more info on segment containers, you can go here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/segmentation/seg-containers.html?lang=e...

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

Hi there,

It looks like your use case requires a Hit container for your segment. Setting it to Visitor allows you to see all of the pages viewed by any visitor who has visited the "/application/en-us/" page (including across visits). If you just want to look at data associated with any hit related to that page, you will need to change the container setting to Hit.

For more info on segment containers, you can go here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/segmentation/seg-containers.html?lang=e...