BedrockMission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Segment that uses OR greater than component segments

brentrad
Level 5
Level 5

Hoping the community can help me out with a segment that I'm trying to build.

I have two segments, Segment A and Segment B. These segments use hit containers. When I create a third segment, Segment C, that says "either Segment A or Segment B" and apply all segments to the visits metric, the number that appears for Segment C is greater than the sum of Segments A and B. This shouldn't be possible. Any ideas as to what is going on?

EDIT: Both Segment A and Segment B use hit containers, and both require a specific an s.prop and a specific s.eVar value to exist. Since I'm applying these segments to the visit metric, it wouldn't seem like s.eVar persistence should be a factor.

1 Accepted Solution
Khurshid_Alam
Correct answer by
Employee
Employee

If am not mistaken 7591+1086 equals 8677 which higher than the number of visits showing in Segment C.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
yuhuisg
Community Advisor
Community Advisor
Is Segment C also using a Hit container?
brentrad
Level 5
Level 5
I've tried Segment C as both a visit container with the Segment A and Segment B hit containers inside (using OR), as well as a hit container with the Segment A and Segment B hit containers inside (using OR). The visit container approach results in a slightly greater visit count.
yuhuisg
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Unfortunately, I can't replicate your findings.

Screenshot 2021-01-07 at 2.23.33 PM.png

As you can see, I get the same number of Visits for both of my Segment C segments.

Khurshid_Alam
Correct answer by
Employee
Employee

If am not mistaken 7591+1086 equals 8677 which higher than the number of visits showing in Segment C.

View solution in original post

brentrad
Level 5
Level 5

Initially, I was seeing Segment C > Segment A + Segment B. I went back to the project the next day, and Segment C < Segment A + Segment B. I can't explain why this happened, but am glad that this resolved itself.

jantzen_belliston-Adobe
Community Manager
Community Manager
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?