Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Segment operators missing for Region dimension

Level 1

So I'm trying to build a segment using the Region dimension to group them together to create wider geographical regions. Usually I would use the "equals any of" or "contains any of" operators and add in the list but I am only able to select standard operators: equals, does not equal, exists, does not exist

Is there a way I can get the extra operators added in?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear j0r00fy,

I personally feel that whenever there is a lookup involved, we didn't have an option to add the conditions related to 'ANY OF'.

Examples:

- Region is based on the IP Lookup.

- Browser Type is based on the Browser Lookup.

- Referrer Type is based on the referrer lookup.

Since the dimension is already a lookup of multiple items, might be the case we are unable to add the conditions related to  'ANY OF' due to engineering or processing limitations.

And, the suggestion would be definitely CLASSIFICATIONS, because adding more & more conditions can degrade segment performance. Checkout the latest discussion on the Segment Limits topic.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B | Xerago | Terryn Winter Analytics 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear j0r00fy,

To be honest, I am not aware that segment operators are based on the dimensions till the question is raised, HO NO! Even the operators such as Start with, End with, Matches etc., are not available. And, unfortunately I am not sure whether you can add the other operators as on date. Let me quickly check with other experts and if there is any different answer, will get back to you.

Level 1

I managed to find a workaround by using filter "contains any of" on the dimension and pasting in all values, I then created a segment from the filtered results.

It would still be good to understand why some dimensions are restricted to only basic operators though.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear j0r00fy,

I personally feel that whenever there is a lookup involved, we didn't have an option to add the conditions related to 'ANY OF'.

Examples:

- Region is based on the IP Lookup.

- Browser Type is based on the Browser Lookup.

- Referrer Type is based on the referrer lookup.

Since the dimension is already a lookup of multiple items, might be the case we are unable to add the conditions related to  'ANY OF' due to engineering or processing limitations.

And, the suggestion would be definitely CLASSIFICATIONS, because adding more & more conditions can degrade segment performance. Checkout the latest discussion on the Segment Limits topic.

Level 1

Sounds like a good use of a classification. You can copy the "Regions" value into an eVar and then use a classification to roll those values up any way you'd like.