Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Segment builder preview 100% Page views

Level 8

Hello Adobe Community !

I'm currently trying to understand the number of visits for a trafic variable that has 100% page views.

This prop42 tells if it's a Desktop page view or a App page view.
The prop42 is everywhere in our app and desktop web site.

I made a segment with a hit container : prop42 exists
This segment shows a 100% page views preview for the last 90 days.

What I don't understand, is how can we have just a 96% of visits in the preview  ?

If there is a 100% page views should'nt also be a 100% of visits and visitors included in this segment ?

Thanks agains for the helpful explanations !

Kind regards,

and

Cheers to the community,

Mario

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi marion33678522​,

Is prop42 value fired with Link Calls as well. If now, a probable scenario for 4% visits would be the visits which had only Link Calls without prop42 values.

To check this, try breakdown report Custom Link by prop44.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi marion33678522​,

Is prop42 value fired with Link Calls as well. If now, a probable scenario for 4% visits would be the visits which had only Link Calls without prop42 values.

To check this, try breakdown report Custom Link by prop44.

Level 8

Hello!

Great answer , yes indeed, I first tryed to breakdown by Pages and got no visit results- then by Custom links and got some links.

Most of visit results come from the Launch Custom link from our apps ( ADBInternal : Lifecycle ).

What I still don't understand  - after changing the container of my segment to Visit (instead of hit ) and if the next page -  after the launch page - has a prop42 = 'app', there still are visits.

Kind regards !

Employee Advisor

A really easy way to figure out where they're coming from would be to create a segment excluding all hits where prop42 exists. Then you could run reporting on any dimension that you want and apply that segment.