Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Segment Builder: How are Hits segmented when using "equals" for success events

Level 1

I can't find documentation on how the "equals" comparison operator for success events works within Segment Builder.

In this particular scenario, I'd like to find the number of successful 3rd attempt logins. Intuitively, I would think I need to find hits that belong to a visit where the visit had exactly 2 failed login attempts then a subsequent successful login on the 3rd attempt. Apparently using this syntax does not actually mean Failed Logins are aggregating to 2 events within the visit since my final count is unrealistically low. How would I find all hits that belong to a visit where exactly 2 success events then another success event occurred?

1641647_pastedImage_0.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hello,

It should work if you set the "scope" visit instead of hit. You can't have more than 1 hit per event, so based on your screenshot, the result will always be 0. If you set the scope to visit, that should solve what you are trying to achieve.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hello,

It should work if you set the "scope" visit instead of hit. You can't have more than 1 hit per event, so based on your screenshot, the result will always be 0. If you set the scope to visit, that should solve what you are trying to achieve.

Community Advisor

Hi perhaps in this case the segment better suited would be Visit/Visitor based.

SO:

Show:Visit/Visitor

Then

Container:

Failed Logins equals 2

Then

Successful Login exists

Level 1

I have the container set to Visit. My thought process is I want all login events (hits) where a visit contains 2 failed login events then a success event.

Level 1

I think the issue might be related to how Adobe handles the "equals" logic for events. If the container is set to Visit, then does "equals 2" actually mean that Adobe is aggregating failed login events by visit? It doesn't seem to be since the events returned is nearly 0.