Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!

Seeing more Adobe Entries than GCM Clicks

Level 2

We're seeing inflated adobe entries than GCM clicks and not sure why. How can we see entries onto the page even though we don't have clicks to the ad? We are looking at the cmpid (placement id) level.

We're noticing some cmpid with a few clicks and 100+ entries and some cmpid with 0 clicks and 100+ entries. After looking into it, we don't think it's bots (at least not the main source) but potentially the cmpid somehow firing multiple times. When we break down the cmpid, we are also seeing unique cookies for each entry.

Any ideas?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @user70977 

when you say entries you mean the Entries dimension, correct?

When are you setting the campaign attribute on your analytics instance? Only for page views or also potentially for custom links? To not inflate the tracking code instances, it is also wise to use the getValOnce plugin which also prevents the campaign from being counted again on page reloads.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/de/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/plugins/getvalonce 

Else, are you certain the the same campaign code is not in use on other ads? Have you checked the referrer information and marketing channel/marketing channel detail information?

Cheers from Switzerland!

Level 2

Hello! Thank you so much for the help.

I am talking about the Entries metric. We have the placement ID set to expire after visit. Could that be the issue here? I'm not sure if there's custom links. Where can we double check the campaign attribution?

Also since we are using the entries metric, how could that be double counted? I believe entries only count the first page in a user's visit  ("the number of times visitors to the site first land on a given page to start their session.")