Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Run Adobe Report for a subset of emails/webIDs

Level 2

Hi, here's my  question -

What I have:               a list of visitors, like emails, or Web IDs
What I want to do:       run different Adobe reports just for this group/subset
Question:                    How?
                                  Can I load this list of subset (emails or webIDs, whatever) to Adobe and then run Adobe reports for this group?

What I've tried:             using classification importer
                                  problem:  it only let me classify a specific data set, not for "general" reports

Thanks,

Yude

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Yude,

You can try doing this using a Report Builder query. Have your list of email ID's in a excel workbook column and create a report around it. If you don't have Report Builder you can download it from the Adobe Analytics menu. 

Let me know if this works for you. Thanks!

Tanmay

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Yude,

You can try doing this using a Report Builder query. Have your list of email ID's in a excel workbook column and create a report around it. If you don't have Report Builder you can download it from the Adobe Analytics menu. 

Let me know if this works for you. Thanks!

Tanmay

Level 2

Tanmay:

Thanks a lot for your information. I've downloaded Report Builder and installed. But when I tried to log in using my Adobe ID, I got error message saying "Your user does not have access to any companies. Companies are required to use ReportBuilder."

I googled it for some help tips, and found this page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/analytics/kb/reportbuilder-login-issues.html

But I don't understand this:

"Log in to Adobe Analytics via my.omniture.com with the same credentials you are trying to use in Report Builder".

Because when I log in to Adobe Analytics, my user name is not my email. In Report Builder I use my Adobe ID and its user name is my work email. I CAN'T log in to Adobe Analytics with the same credentials as in Report Builder. If I use my user name for Adobe Analytics to log in Report Builder, because it's not an email and I got error. Am I miss anything here?

So I'm not sure if this is a firewall issue that I should open a ticket for our IT team or it's something else. Any tips?

Thanks,

Yude

Level 10

Hi Yude,

I would want you to follow two steps:

1. Ensure you are in the Report Builder Access group: Ask your admin to add you into the report builder user group. If you are not added into that group you would not be able to login into RB.

2. Use your Adobe Analytics username and password to access RB. You dont need to enter email just the actual username that you use in analytics. 

Let me know if that works. Thanks!

Tanmay

Level 2

Tanmay:

Thanks for getting back.This is very helpful. But our admin is in Adobe Summit, so I probably wait until he comes back next week to try again. I'll let you know if any problems.

Yude