Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Rolling Last Month to align with Rolling This Month (excluding today)

Level 1

I'm trying to figure out how to create a rolling date-range to compare MoM data. For example, looking at this month excluding today, Nov 1 - Nov 9. I would like to be able to compare it to last month, same timeframe: Oct 1 - Oct 9. I tried to create a date range to accomplish this (Start: Start of current month minus 1 month End: End of current day minus 1 month) but it doesn't work and is populating as Oct 1 - Sept. 30. Is there any way to accomplish MoM comparisons for this month (excluding today) compared to the same timeframe in the previous month? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Well, I think it's safe to say that AA does not have the equivalent of that Excel formula.

So your suggested solution about using MoM data looks like your next best option.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

How were you planning to handle the situation where the current month and previous month have different number of days?

Level 1

There's a formula in excel that accounts for that, was hoping it would be similar in Adobe. If that's not possible, at day 30 or 31 (28 or 29) I would just look at full MoM data and ensure the report is not scheduled to send. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Well, I think it's safe to say that AA does not have the equivalent of that Excel formula.

So your suggested solution about using MoM data looks like your next best option.