Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Revenue Participation Vs. Revenue From Visit Container

Level 3

Hello,

I'm trying to pull a report that would show revenue only from visitors that viewed the Home Page on that session.

I've built two reports - 1) Page breakdown that shows revenue participation for the home page and 2) Custom visit container segment of visitors that viewed the home page that shows revenue. I'm seeing a big discrepancy. Don't these reports mean the same thing?

Thanks in advance,

David

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi David,

No it will not show the same data. For #1 it shows revenue participation, it means that it will give the full credit to the homepage and any other pages that contributed to the purchase. So if the revenue was 100£, each pages in the visit before the purchase event will have 100£ in the report but the total will be 100£

For #2 per what you wrote I think you have using the normal revenue metric and not the participation, therefore it will be linear allocation. So each page before the purchase event will get 1/n or the revenue, where n is the total of pages before that the event happened

Best regards.

Alexis Cazes

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi David,

No it will not show the same data. For #1 it shows revenue participation, it means that it will give the full credit to the homepage and any other pages that contributed to the purchase. So if the revenue was 100£, each pages in the visit before the purchase event will have 100£ in the report but the total will be 100£

For #2 per what you wrote I think you have using the normal revenue metric and not the participation, therefore it will be linear allocation. So each page before the purchase event will get 1/n or the revenue, where n is the total of pages before that the event happened

Best regards.

Alexis Cazes