Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Report column date wont update automatically

Level 1

Hi, i have been trying to automate a clients SEO report but i am facing an issue with the table.

So on the top right corner the date has been set to last month:

Xhoi_0-1616576978931.png

And on the columns i am comparing visits to by clicking on the column and selecting "Compare time periods" > "This month last year to this date range" which now compared Feb 2021 vs Feb 2020 when the next month comes the top right corner date rolls over and updates. However, the date on the table seems to remain static and not update so next month i will end up having March 2021 vs Feb 2020.

I hope my explanation is clear, do you know why it might now update?

Thank you

Xhoi

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @Xhoi

That seems to be an expected behavior while using compare time period. I would recommend you use Custom Date range with "Rolling Dates" feature which gives you the flexibility to comparing the dates as you change the date in free form table or creating a Dashboard which can automatically update the report everyday or every month. Here is a document on the same:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/analyze/analysis-workspace/components/calendar-dat...

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @Xhoi

That seems to be an expected behavior while using compare time period. I would recommend you use Custom Date range with "Rolling Dates" feature which gives you the flexibility to comparing the dates as you change the date in free form table or creating a Dashboard which can automatically update the report everyday or every month. Here is a document on the same:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/analyze/analysis-workspace/components/calendar-dat...

Hope this helps!

Level 1
Thanks @akt0m3r this does help but is so complicated to do a YoY on adobe analytics.

Community Advisor

When you created that component from the contextual menu, Analysis Workspace (unfortunately) uses static dates in the compared date range, instead of relative dates. It's not immediately obvious, and it trips a lot of people up. That's why I said "unfortunately".