Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Report Builder - Refreshing Report dialogue hung up

Level 2

Issue: Report Builder - Refreshing Report dialogue box stays open after reports are properly refreshed which leads to end-user confusion.

Scenario:

• Running the following vba code:

• The macro finishes and the data is clearly updated as expected... however the dialogue box (below) persists

report_builder_refreshing_dialogue.PNG

Is there something I can add to the vba to force quit this upon success?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

That's basically a copy/paste of the code from our VBA KB article, so if the dialogue isn't going away and you're on the latest version of Report Builder, I'd recommend creating a ticket with customer care with exact steps to reproduce so the agent can clearly see the issue on their machine. Once that happens, we can get it to our engineering team for a fix. Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

Does this error occur when you're working on a fresh workbook? Just trying to nail down the scope of this issue.

Level 2

There are some unrelated ODBC connections and a couple tabs. Nothing that should directly impact this macro functionality, though.

Employee Advisor

Does it specifically work in a fresh workbook though? Determining if it's workbook-specific, macro-specific or machine-specific will provide a lot of headway into determining what the root cause of the issue is.

Level 2

Refresh works if I manually use the button in the ribbon and/or right-click within the data set to refresh. It's just when the above vba code is called via Macro that it hangs.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

That's basically a copy/paste of the code from our VBA KB article, so if the dialogue isn't going away and you're on the latest version of Report Builder, I'd recommend creating a ticket with customer care with exact steps to reproduce so the agent can clearly see the issue on their machine. Once that happens, we can get it to our engineering team for a fix. Thanks!