Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Removing/Hiding standard metrics & segments in Workspace

Level 3

I have a problem whereby an array of standard metrics are available within workspace that will potentially confuse users.

Metric examples such as 'Page Velocity' and 'State Views' and segments such as 'Co-op regions' or 'Canada'

I realise you can curate these on a project level. But I need to be able to hide them so users have a clean view when creating their own projects (and don't use the wrong metrics). 

Having done research I know you can hide success events...but there seems to be no way of hiding these within workspace.

Can anyone help?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

there is no way to completely hide some items from the users, might be a good idea to add.

what we do (and with good response) is working only with "virtual report suites (VRS)". those are basically "ordinary" report suites, but with some advantages:

• add segments: if you have default segments that need to be applied to almost every project, add it as filter to the VRS. that means, every new project starts with filtered data, no need for end users to apply those segments
  • restrict items: you can "curate" items that are visible to end user at first glance. that means if they open a new/existing project, they will only see the selected items. this helps a lot especially for beginners. but: there is a button "show all items" and if user clicks, he can see everything. we normally say "use at own risk, not confirmed to work!"

read more about VRS here: https://docs.adobe.com/help/en/analytics/components/virtual-report-suites/vrs-about.html

remark: there are a lot of items you can hide from users by creating "product profiles" in the admin console, just not for everything...

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

there is no way to completely hide some items from the users, might be a good idea to add.

what we do (and with good response) is working only with "virtual report suites (VRS)". those are basically "ordinary" report suites, but with some advantages:

• add segments: if you have default segments that need to be applied to almost every project, add it as filter to the VRS. that means, every new project starts with filtered data, no need for end users to apply those segments
  • restrict items: you can "curate" items that are visible to end user at first glance. that means if they open a new/existing project, they will only see the selected items. this helps a lot especially for beginners. but: there is a button "show all items" and if user clicks, he can see everything. we normally say "use at own risk, not confirmed to work!"

read more about VRS here: https://docs.adobe.com/help/en/analytics/components/virtual-report-suites/vrs-about.html

remark: there are a lot of items you can hide from users by creating "product profiles" in the admin console, just not for everything...

Level 3

In the Admin Console,  you can play with the permissions for specific product profiles:

robinl39529461_1-1642610447075.png

You can hide some metrics and/or dimensions:

robinl39529461_0-1642610366203.png

But no idea how to do it for default segments.

Hope it can help