Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Regards Data Warehouse new UI

Level 3

Hi there,

Recently I tried to modify the data warehouse request and share it to the same recipients but, I did not get the schedule options. Refer the image below.

SrividyaVenkat_5-1704273986507.png

As well, when I tested it just by selecting custom date range am not able to use scheduling options.

SrividyaVenkat_4-1704273796280.png

At times, am able to find the old UI for data warehouse.

SrividyaVenkat_0-1704274386332.png

Are there any specific reason why it is occurring?

Regards,

Srividya.V

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I only just got the new UI myself, but I have seen other people here mention that they got the new UI, then the old UI, it seems to be a bit inconsistent...

So far, I've been getting the new UI since it was switched over to my account, but I may have the same behaviour as you later, I will watch for it... my assumption is that due to the rollout nature of the tool, and because Adobe has a lot of servers to handle all their clients, it may just be a result of the code references not yet updated for your account on all servers yet.

I am not sure what you mean by you are "not able to use scheduling options"?

You chose an account "Click 51" but you haven't yet provided a location. The account is the information about where and how to connect (i.e. FTP server X, with account Y, and password Z), the Location specifies which folder to put the content in... the tool doesn't just assume to add the file to the root each time, and while you can drop it in the root, you just have to tell the scheduler to do that...

Accounts appear to be re-usable, Locations need to be specified each time (likely so users don't have to save multiple "accounts" with different folders for different extracts.... they can set up one account, then choose a unique location for each request.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I only just got the new UI myself, but I have seen other people here mention that they got the new UI, then the old UI, it seems to be a bit inconsistent...

So far, I've been getting the new UI since it was switched over to my account, but I may have the same behaviour as you later, I will watch for it... my assumption is that due to the rollout nature of the tool, and because Adobe has a lot of servers to handle all their clients, it may just be a result of the code references not yet updated for your account on all servers yet.

I am not sure what you mean by you are "not able to use scheduling options"?

You chose an account "Click 51" but you haven't yet provided a location. The account is the information about where and how to connect (i.e. FTP server X, with account Y, and password Z), the Location specifies which folder to put the content in... the tool doesn't just assume to add the file to the root each time, and while you can drop it in the root, you just have to tell the scheduler to do that...

Accounts appear to be re-usable, Locations need to be specified each time (likely so users don't have to save multiple "accounts" with different folders for different extracts.... they can set up one account, then choose a unique location for each request.

Hi @Jennifer_Dungan,

I tried selecting the location as well but the account which I have specified is email. 

I am trying to fetch the file through email & I want that to be scheduled every week on certain days. 

Thanks! 

Regards,

Srividya.V

Community Advisor

You still need a location:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1704343213691.png

Location Name and Description you can fill with dummy text like "email" or "my email" or "email mailing list" (something that describes the email account) and in Subject add the subject you want on the email (like "Data Warehouse: Report X")

Community Advisor

OMG, you can add accounts and locations, but not edit or delete them? Well time to post an idea for that one....

That's a great idea!. 

We obviously would be needing those options at some point of time.

@Jennifer_Dungan 

Even though, I have added an email address or location for the same am not able to modify the scheduled options yet. 

Are we not having that scheduling options editing enabled yet or do we have any other methods to edit the schedule?

Updating Media

Community Advisor

Something else must be missing... 

I filled in some dummy info:

• General Settings - I added a request name
  • Build your Report - I added one dimension (Page) and one metric (Page View)
  • Report Destination - I created an Account (with my email) and a location with a dummy name (that I can no longer get rid of)

And "Save Request" became available after all those required items were set. I can also access the Report Options and Scheduling Options....

In your original post, you only showed the Report Destination tab, and it was missing a Location, but you must be missing something else as well.