Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

"Throw away" segments

Level 2

Hi,

One aspect of Ad Hoc that I realy enjoy is the ability to tweak segments without leaving your workspace - and without being required to permanently save them.

I call these my 'throw away' segments, when I am simply mining the data for insights / troubleshooting things.

It would be great to see something similar in Analysis Workspace - it is very cumbersome to leave your workspace to make minor tweaks to your segment.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I noticed this yesterday - wasn't sure if it was always there and hadn't noticed. 

It is a great product development, thanks for the followup.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

After the latest analytics release you can tweak segments extremely fast without leaving the workspace. Just click on the 'Pen' icon on the segment definition and it would open a slider window where you can edit the segment. After saving the changes you are back to the workspace where you left off.

let us know if you have further questions.

Thanks!

TM

Correct answer by
Level 2

I noticed this yesterday - wasn't sure if it was always there and hadn't noticed. 

It is a great product development, thanks for the followup.

Level 3

I think that's not the question. He (and me too) wants to create quick segments for one-time usage without bloating the number of total segments.

I am creating segments all the time, most of them I use just once or twice, but then when I have to decide which segments are worth sharing with the rest of my company I am standing in front of a huge list and it is tedious to work through that. If I know that I probably won't need this segment again, it would be cool to just create it for a one-workspace purpose or sth like that.