Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Previous Page Showing Current Page Value as 1st/2nd result

Level 3

Hello, in workspace when I create a "previous page" widget as a breakdown of X page, often the first/second/third result for "previous page" is X page (the page which I've broken down).

Essentially, it's telling me the previous page is the page itself -- does this mean people are refreshing at a high rate? It's always near the top result so seems weird that it's so high. Could it be an implementation issue with the previous page value? It was set up by Adobe Consulting and we haven't touched it since, so I'm not sure what could be causing this.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hello,

The behavior seen could possibly be because of the reason listed below:

1. Check in debugger (Omnibug or developer tools ) , the previous page variable is getting set / populated with correct value.
  2. Verify if you are firing multiple page view analytics tracking call on X page either as a result of some intended functionality or by error. For ex. firing two analytics tracking calls (erroneously) for a page load.

Regards,

Saurabh Kumar.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear Devan,

Can you share the public URL where you are facing this issue? Will validate and advice you accordingly.

Thank You

Arun

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hello,

The behavior seen could possibly be because of the reason listed below:

1. Check in debugger (Omnibug or developer tools ) , the previous page variable is getting set / populated with correct value.
  2. Verify if you are firing multiple page view analytics tracking call on X page either as a result of some intended functionality or by error. For ex. firing two analytics tracking calls (erroneously) for a page load.

Regards,

Saurabh Kumar.