Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Pre-optIn approvals not working

Level 5

Hi Everyone,

I am implementing the Optin feature for one of the websites and from the requirements, I have to keep AA and Target as TRUE always.

I tried to implement it via a rule in Launch as - 

adobe.optIn.approve(adobe.OptInCategories.ANALYTICS, true);
adobe.optIn.approve(adobe.OptInCategories.ECID, true);
adobe.optIn.approve(adobe.OptInCategories.TARGET, true);
adobe.optIn.complete();

Whenever I check on the website, I can see that sometimes the OptIn permissions get updated and sometimes not. No idea why this scenario is appearing!

So, I tried configuring Pre-Opt In approvals instead of configuring it in Launch rule.

Now, whenever I access the website - I check for Adobe.OptIn.permissions and see AA as false, which should not be the case.

Is there anything that I am missing here?

Screenshot 2023-05-14 at 21.50.41.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

you can try using the adobe.optIn.approveAll() method to approve all categories:

adobe.optIn.approveAll();
adobe.optIn.complete();

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

you can try using the adobe.optIn.approveAll() method to approve all categories:

adobe.optIn.approveAll();
adobe.optIn.complete();

Level 5

Hi @Hemang35 - As I have mentioned in the description, I have tried that and it doesn't seem to help. So, I was trying the option of Pre-Optin approval - which doesn't seem to fix the issue as well.

Issue being faced: ECID cookies are present ---> But, the s_fid cookie is getting created and MID is not taking precedence over FID(which should be the case) and tags are being sent with minimal parameters.