Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Potential Reasons for Search Keywords Not Populating with This Report Has No Data

Level 2

I have an odd issue with a new report suite not populating the traffic sources, Search Keywords All has no data with the "This report has no data. Please verify date range & filters are correct" while everything else is populating as expected including orders etc.

The only thing I have added is paid search detection for Google Australia with a filter of contains "gclid". I have seen discussion of Google's encryption and not passing keyword information but didn't think that would be the issue in this case. Could anyone suggest a reason this might be happening or a way to troubleshoot, thanks. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Please check you Internal URL filter under Admin tools >> Report suite. check if there is a "." dot listed. If it is the case then it filter out any referrer as every single referrer will contain a dot. remove the dot and it should solve your issue.

Best regards.

Alexis 

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 4

Hi,

Glick is used as a click identifier but for SC(Now Reporting and Analytics) to track paid search keyword you need to refer to the below articles.

1)http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalmarketing/digital-marketing/search-engine-marketing/organic-vs-paid-se...
2)http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalmarketing/analytics/how-googles-expanded-search-encryption-impacts-ado...
3)http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalmarketing/analytics/the-impact-of-google-encrypted-search/

Let me know if this helps and mark it closed if it resolves your query.

Thanks
Akhil

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Please check you Internal URL filter under Admin tools >> Report suite. check if there is a "." dot listed. If it is the case then it filter out any referrer as every single referrer will contain a dot. remove the dot and it should solve your issue.

Best regards.

Alexis 

Level 4

If no data is flowing into the Traffic Sources and 100% being only typed/bookmarked then I guess it could be an implementation issue.

You may want to reach out to Clientcare http://helpx.adobe.com/marketing-cloud/contact-support.html.

Thanks 

Akhil

Level 2

Akhil, I was aware of those changes to Google not exposing referrer info, although I would have thought that some data would have been recorded, from Bing/Yahoo and others, also as I said it is showing "This report has no data" as opposed to Keyword Unavailable, is that now expected? Basically everything in Traffic Sources is "This report has no data" except for Referring Domains which is 100% Typed/Bookmarked.

Level 2

Alexis, thanks for your response, there was in fact a "." filter, and that would make sense regarding the reporting anomalies. I'm not sure how it got there, that would be an odd default configuration, anyway I have removed and will see if that fixes it.

Level 2

Alexis, that was in fact the issue, thanks again for your help.

Community Advisor

yes I believe it is a default configuration when you create a new report suite.

Level 4

That's a Bulls-eye. Right into the issue.

Thanks Alexis.

Thanks

Akhil

Level 4

Hi,

Since you have indicated in your first post that you used a filter with the "glicid"
"The only thing I have added is paid search detection for Google Australia with a filter of contains "gclid"."
which is not forwarded to the Site Catalyst and to use paid search detection we need to refer to the above articles attached.

Also bing and yahoo dont use glick as click identifier for paid keywords and hence no data is reflected for the filter used.

Thats why the error "This report has no data. Please verify date range & filters are correct".
Try removing the filter and using paid search detection as suggested in the above articles will help you identify the keywords from paid search.

Let me know if this helps and mark it closed if it resolves your query.

Thanks
Akhil