Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Plot Trending Dimensions in Chart

Level 1

Hi,

Is it possible to plot different dimensions over time in a time based chart eg line chart?

Eg, I create a free form table with device type dimensions in left side rows, visits as metric.

I want to attach it to a line chart that will individually plot each dimension row (device) as a chart trend, say, monthly.

I've only been able to get plots of different metrics to an individual/total dimension on the same chart.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Winston,

As per design, Line and Area plot can only support time series data like day, month or year. Since you have a dimension in the first column on the left that would not show up. You could try it other way round, have month show up on the row and add device type on the column headers. Other option might be to use another type of visualization graph for your data. Thanks!

Tanmay

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Winston,

As per design, Line and Area plot can only support time series data like day, month or year. Since you have a dimension in the first column on the left that would not show up. You could try it other way round, have month show up on the row and add device type on the column headers. Other option might be to use another type of visualization graph for your data. Thanks!

Tanmay