Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Paid Search Not working

Level 1

Hi,

My client have both GA and AA, they complain that the number of paid search varies a lot.

I look at our AA configuration.

I see other people config the "Paid Search" using processing rule but I config my "paid search" from Admin -> Report Suite -> Paid Search Detection.

inkoo_0-1587049398916.png

You can find from following screenshot that paid search url is not counted as an available instance.

inkoo_1-1587049465795.png

Can anyone help?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Inkoo, I think that the root cause of the problem may be in the paid search detection rule. The filter looks to be set for values rather than parameter names. Update the filter by adding the tracking parameters like utm ones.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Level 2

You have to update your Marketing channel processing rules for Paid search channel to the following - If hit matches Paid search detection rules. This will fix the problem.

Level 1

Hi Nsachede,

Thanks for your reply. I am looking at this document https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/analytics/admin/admin-tools/paid-search-detection/t-paid-sear...

Can you explain the difference between the document and what you mentioned?

Level 1
In other word, we already have some data under paid search. It seems some of the data is missing. It is not paid search totally not working

Level 2
Inkoo, I believe Audrey is correct, you need to revisit and correct your paid search detection rules which should fix the problem.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Inkoo, I think that the root cause of the problem may be in the paid search detection rule. The filter looks to be set for values rather than parameter names. Update the filter by adding the tracking parameters like utm ones.

Level 1

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for your reply. 

Can you give me a detailed example?

I do as you said, but not working.

inkoo_0-1587135275547.png

Level 1

For example, we have 105 visit of a paid search url on April 16. However, only 69 of them are counted as paid search. What happens to the other 35?

inkoo_0-1587135597209.png

Level 1

Anybody can help. None of the answers work for me.

Level 10
Does the answer give you the info you need? If not, can you provide additional details to help the community better solve your question?