Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Page Name (v1 - evar1) vs. Entry Page

Level 2

Hi all,

I am trying to report website activity by different pages on the site. I wanted to know which variable should be used - Page Name (v1 - evar1) or Entry Page or some other variable?

Also, what is the difference between these two? I think Entry page is the first page on which the user landed. So does that mean that any download or video play on a subsequent page will be attributed to Entry page, when using this variable? Let me know.

Thanks, as always!

Regards,

Vishal

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Pagename: The pageName variable should be populated with a value that business users recognize. In most cases the pageName value is not the URL or the path to the file. Common pageName values include names such as "Home Page," "Checkout," "Purchase Thank you," or "Registration." More info on pagename is at: pageName

Entries: Entries represents the number of times a given value is captured as the first value in a visit. Entries can occur only once per visit. However, it is not necessarily the first hit if the variable is not defined. Entry pages have a visit breakdown scope, meaning they persist across all hits for a visit.

Please go through the below link to understand the behavior of the entry pages:

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/reference/reports_entries_exits.html

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

Pagename: The pageName variable should be populated with a value that business users recognize. In most cases the pageName value is not the URL or the path to the file. Common pageName values include names such as "Home Page," "Checkout," "Purchase Thank you," or "Registration." More info on pagename is at: pageName

Entries: Entries represents the number of times a given value is captured as the first value in a visit. Entries can occur only once per visit. However, it is not necessarily the first hit if the variable is not defined. Entry pages have a visit breakdown scope, meaning they persist across all hits for a visit.

Please go through the below link to understand the behavior of the entry pages:

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/reference/reports_entries_exits.html

Employee Advisor

On the backend, entry page takes the first pageName value and persists it for the entire visit. This means you are able to tie downloads or video plays to the page they originally entered on.

Level 4

Hi Giazelle.

What is the difference between entry page and the metrics entries?

Very grateful for an answer?

/Erik

Level 4

I can give you an example.

If I visits 4 pages (3 different). Will it count as 3 entries (because it is 3 different pages), 1 entry page (the first page), 4 page views and 1 visit?

/Erik

Level 8

I believe it's ONE entry, 4 page Views, 1 visit !

Cheers !

Level 4

Thanks!

So the first page will count as one entire (as metric).

And the first page will count as one entry in the report Entry page?

Employee Advisor

Correct, and Mario's correction is right as well.