Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Order event still firing, when the user bookmarks the page and come back to Thank you page after visit expires

Level 2

Hi, 

Order event still firing when the user bookmarks the page, and comes back to Thank You page after visit expires.

How can we avoid this?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @cpahwa11 To add on, It looks like the purchase event is firing every time someone visits the 'Thank You' page. I would also check this piece. Ideally, the purchase event should fire when the customer clicks to buy or checks out, before the Thank You page.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee

How about use a purchaseID when purchase? Than you could ignore showing purchase event on report.

Please check below.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/page-vars/purchaseid.html?lang...

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @cpahwa11 To add on, It looks like the purchase event is firing every time someone visits the 'Thank You' page. I would also check this piece. Ideally, the purchase event should fire when the customer clicks to buy or checks out, before the Thank You page.