Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Onsite Searches- Analytics

Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to understand the difference between Search Terms Instances and Onsite Searches.

For example: My search term is 'sandals' and my Search Term Instances are 81,760 while my Onsite Searches are only 98 for the same timeframe.

What is the difference between the 2?  I could not find much documentation on Search Term Instances.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

There is no such default dimension or metrics available in Adobe Analytics. It looks to be custom dimension and event which have been given friendly name as Onsite Searches and Search Term Instances. You may need to check the respective report suite configuration which variable and event is used for these and check the business case. Basically, Instances metrics specify number of time Sear Terms was sent in server call with some value in it.

I hope this help.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

I assume you refer to a custom "success event" which is set somewhere on your website/app. that means without more knowledge we can't really help you.

here are some information which might help anyway:

- "search term instances" is a counter for all "hits" (server calls) that contain the eVar "search term"

- "onsite searches" sounds like a custom "success event" (eventX) that is set maybe when a user performs a search

according to the difference I would check the website and perform some searches. can you see the search term and the eventX?

Correct answer by
Employee

There is no such default dimension or metrics available in Adobe Analytics. It looks to be custom dimension and event which have been given friendly name as Onsite Searches and Search Term Instances. You may need to check the respective report suite configuration which variable and event is used for these and check the business case. Basically, Instances metrics specify number of time Sear Terms was sent in server call with some value in it.

I hope this help.