Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

New Site: how to update the reporting suites?

Level 1

Hi everyone, 

Our client's website has been updated and relaunched several months ago. However, the reporting dashboard still showing URLs from the old website. Can someone provide some guidance on the steps we need to take to update the reporting dashboard? Should we update the reporting suites? Or, should we update the rules? Or, both? Should we start over and create new reporting suites, rules, variables? What is the best practice and how to go about it? 

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you! 

Sophie 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

@Golnaz Are you saying that the URL's are being reported for the present date as well ? If Yes, than can you please check the implementation? It might be possible that the URL is being set in a variable somewhere in the implementation. Also, where are you storing the URL ? Is it a custom evar ?

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

@Golnaz Are you saying that the URL's are being reported for the present date as well ? If Yes, than can you please check the implementation? It might be possible that the URL is being set in a variable somewhere in the implementation. Also, where are you storing the URL ? Is it a custom evar ?

Level 1
@amgup Thank you so much for your reply. Yes, the URL is being set in a variable v13. Hit URL, and yes it is custom evar. However, the old report has the page dimension which is showing URLs from the old website. Should we replace the Page dimension with the V13. Hit URL?

Level 7
If you are saying that you want to use the eVar13 in the report than yes you can use that dimension. Are those old URLs for the current dates or only for the dates when the change was not implemented ?

Level 1
@amgup Only for the dates when the change was not implemented. I just updated the date and all the URL's replaced by one row "Other". Should we just refer to the eVar13 moving forward? Is there a way to update the Page dimension?

Level 1
@amgup Also, should we make any update to the reporting suite now that the domain name has changed?

Level 7
Yes, you should consider evar13 as it will be containing the updated values. I will suggest to create a new report only from the dates when the change was happened. The data will be present for the old dates but it's the reporting that has to be modified on the date level. It is coming as 'Other' because you are now checking for the dates when the changes were implemented so it is expected to have 'Other' as line item.

Level 1
@amgup Thank you so much for your help. I went ahead and created a report only for the date that the site was updated and relaunched. My next plan is to set up marketing channel dimension. However, when I drag and drop the dimension there is no data showing. It says "none". I want to see conversions based on marketing channels like paid search, referral, social, direct, just like the traffic channels tracked by Google Analytics. Any idea why the marketing channel comes up as "none"?

Level 7

I will suggest to check the below link for "None" in Marketing Channel report :-
https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-questions/marketing-channel-reports...
Also, can you check that the marketing channel are set up according to the business requirement. Are you seeing only "None" in Maketing Channel dimenion? Also, what metrics you are using with this dimension ? We suggest using Marketing Channel Instances metrics. Refer the below doc for marketing channel for more details :-

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/marketing-channels/analyze-mc.html?lang...

Level 1
@amgup I don't see a link! Can you please re-share, thanks!

Level 7
I edited the comment. Please check the same.