Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

New Dashboard setups - pulling in reportlets and freeform panels

Level 1

When creating a new dashboard, how do I pull in freeform panels or reportlets?

Thank you! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Kerry, 

Welcome to the Adobe Analytics Community!

Below are the steps that describe how to create a reportlet. Once you create a reportlet, it is available to display in a dashboard.

1. Run a report.
2. Click Dashboard.
3. On the Add Reportlet page, name the report, then select a dashboard from Place in Dashboard.
4. (Optional) Configure the date range.
    Rolling: Changes the date as time passes, according to the time span (daily, monthly, and so on). For example, if today is January 17, you might set the dates for January 15 - 16. Then if you select Rolling, on January 27 the reportlet displays data for January 25 - 26.
    Fixed: Prevents the date from moving forward as time passes.
5. (Optional) Override the publishing distribution list.
    Publishing List Override: If you enable this option, the report suite referenced in this reportlet is always used when distributed to a publishing list. If you disable this option, the report suite identified in the publishing list replaces the report suite in this reportlet.
6. Click Create New.

The reportlet is added to the Dashboard Contents menu in the dashboard editor.

I hope this helps.

Tanmay

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Kerry, 

Welcome to the Adobe Analytics Community!

Below are the steps that describe how to create a reportlet. Once you create a reportlet, it is available to display in a dashboard.

1. Run a report.
2. Click Dashboard.
3. On the Add Reportlet page, name the report, then select a dashboard from Place in Dashboard.
4. (Optional) Configure the date range.
    Rolling: Changes the date as time passes, according to the time span (daily, monthly, and so on). For example, if today is January 17, you might set the dates for January 15 - 16. Then if you select Rolling, on January 27 the reportlet displays data for January 25 - 26.
    Fixed: Prevents the date from moving forward as time passes.
5. (Optional) Override the publishing distribution list.
    Publishing List Override: If you enable this option, the report suite referenced in this reportlet is always used when distributed to a publishing list. If you disable this option, the report suite identified in the publishing list replaces the report suite in this reportlet.
6. Click Create New.

The reportlet is added to the Dashboard Contents menu in the dashboard editor.

I hope this helps.

Tanmay

Level 10

Also, Freeform panels cannot be pulled into the dashboard in Reports. They are two different functionalities under Analytics.

Thanks