Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

Need Help Finding Event List Dimension in Adobe Analytics

Level 4

Dear All,

In GA4, there's a default dimension called 'Event name' that lists all events. However, I can't seem to find a similar dimension in Adobe Analytics that allows me to view all events within a specific time range. Can anyone assist with this?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

In workspace there isn't an event that lists all event names, but there are events "occurrences", "custom link instances", and "page views".

Occurrences essentially fires on every hit (custom link and page view). It doesn't show what events happened in it, just that there was a hit. Custom link instances is similar, but it only fires on custom link calls (page views is the metric that fires on page view calls). 

If you're just trying to see how many hits there were in a time range, you can use one of those.

If you need to see a list of all the events in each hit, you will need to use the data feeds. You can export the data feeds to another location (we use GBQ), and then look at the raw hit level data. Event_list and post_event_list are the fields that list all of the events that fire in a given hit. There will also be a look up table that will show you what each value in the event list means. The post column shows the data after processing, the non-post column shows what was captured in the initial hit before any processing.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

I don't think that is something that is possible in AA and is out of the box. The only places where you see all events combined are in the data feeds columns - event_list and post_event_list, where you need to use event lookup to identify the event. However, in the workspace, I don't think we have something similar to Event Name, such as in GA4.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

In workspace there isn't an event that lists all event names, but there are events "occurrences", "custom link instances", and "page views".

Occurrences essentially fires on every hit (custom link and page view). It doesn't show what events happened in it, just that there was a hit. Custom link instances is similar, but it only fires on custom link calls (page views is the metric that fires on page view calls). 

If you're just trying to see how many hits there were in a time range, you can use one of those.

If you need to see a list of all the events in each hit, you will need to use the data feeds. You can export the data feeds to another location (we use GBQ), and then look at the raw hit level data. Event_list and post_event_list are the fields that list all of the events that fire in a given hit. There will also be a look up table that will show you what each value in the event list means. The post column shows the data after processing, the non-post column shows what was captured in the initial hit before any processing.

Community Advisor

@priyankagupta20 As other mentioned, there is no dimension for to list all the events under one event name column like in GA4. As @fhusain you can get that from analytics data feed column 'event_list'