Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Multiple Experience cloud ID service calls

Level 1

I'm getting multiple ECID calls and not able to understand why. Visitor API code is loading just one time on page. What could be the reason behind this and will this affect visitor identification in any way.These calls have d_filedgroup filed in common. 
attached : screenshots of ecid calls and details of each call. 

I curious to know if this can be fixed?

Thanks in advance,

Aditya

adityat_6-1635417476847.png

adityat_3-1635417162718.pngadityat_4-1635417252148.pngadityat_5-1635417328454.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

The Experience Cloud ID service should only make a network request for the purpose of setting the visitor id on the amcv cookie, if the amcv cookie does not already exist. 

The ID service can be used to set customer attributes, which is what I expect is happening in this case. Perhaps your site is configured to set customer attributes, which would potentially explain multiple experience cloud id service calls: 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/id-service/using/reference/authenticated-state.html?lang=en

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

The Experience Cloud ID service should only make a network request for the purpose of setting the visitor id on the amcv cookie, if the amcv cookie does not already exist. 

The ID service can be used to set customer attributes, which is what I expect is happening in this case. Perhaps your site is configured to set customer attributes, which would potentially explain multiple experience cloud id service calls: 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/id-service/using/reference/authenticated-state.html?lang=en