Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Most of the categories were reported unspecified

Level 1

ramakannan_0-1676325339771.png

What could be the reason??

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You may refer to https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/technotes/unspecified.html?lang=en for the why unspecified in reporting.

For your case, you need to check your tracking to understand how value goes into "Web Hierarchy - Tier 1" and your report is saying that it is very often no information tracked into the "Web Hierarchy - Tier 1".

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You may refer to https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/technotes/unspecified.html?lang=en for the why unspecified in reporting.

For your case, you need to check your tracking to understand how value goes into "Web Hierarchy - Tier 1" and your report is saying that it is very often no information tracked into the "Web Hierarchy - Tier 1".

Community Advisor

Is "Web Hierarchy - Tier 1" an eVar? Is it always being set on every page?

Remember, the way that eVars present is that when no value is set, it will show "unspecified" in your workspace... without knowing your specific tagging, I can't tell you if this is expected or not.

I suspect that you aren't setting the value in all locations, so all the pages in the visit with no value are showing up here - you can hide these simply by using the filter on the dimension:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1676352241866.png

Uncheck "Include unspecified (none)"

You should understand your site and tagging better than I do, so you should be able to determine if there is a tagging issue (IF you believe this dimension should be set everywhere). Also remember, that when using the visit metric, this would be all page views and actions (clicks, and other non-page view tracking calls)