Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Monthly Unique Visitors by Day

Level 1

Is there any workaround now available to get Monthly Unique Visitors by day now in new workspace. I have tried various methods such as dividing unique visitors into total unique visitors etc. which gives a close enough breakdown to get it to match the monthly figure but it will not work for our upload to our MI.

With the old report we could upload daily information into our MI tool as far back as 2021 but my workarounds work on a total level not monthly. Hoping there's something we can do to get around this.

image.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The thing is the "Monthly Unique Visitors" metric was basically deprecated many years ago when they added "Unique Visitors" which auto-adjusts to the time frame....

The metric you are using is so old, the documentation for it no longer even exists (as far as I can tell - I've been searching for it and so far no luck).

I am not even sure if the values that it returned are properly valid... given it's age and years worth of non-support... I really don't see them bringing this metric back to be honest.

When you do the breakdown as shown by @RAJI4, this will show you the total UVs for the month as a total, and the UVs that came to your site on the corresponding days... the fact that the old "Monthly Unique Visitors" shows lower numbers (yes, I checked in my data), indicates more of an issue with that old metric then with using the flexible Unique Visitors.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 2

We need to select date range month and select dimension "Day" and metric "Unique Visitors". Please check attachment:

RAJI4_0-1683303131685.png

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The thing is the "Monthly Unique Visitors" metric was basically deprecated many years ago when they added "Unique Visitors" which auto-adjusts to the time frame....

The metric you are using is so old, the documentation for it no longer even exists (as far as I can tell - I've been searching for it and so far no luck).

I am not even sure if the values that it returned are properly valid... given it's age and years worth of non-support... I really don't see them bringing this metric back to be honest.

When you do the breakdown as shown by @RAJI4, this will show you the total UVs for the month as a total, and the UVs that came to your site on the corresponding days... the fact that the old "Monthly Unique Visitors" shows lower numbers (yes, I checked in my data), indicates more of an issue with that old metric then with using the flexible Unique Visitors.

Level 1

Thanks for the response. The "Monthly Unique Visitors" as my understanding was it shows a lower number as it's unique visitors for the month.

Where the new view shows the Unique Visitors for the month removing duplicate visitors. But Unique Visitors for the day too which means your daily totals won't sum to Month total.

The logic makes sense within Adobe Analytics but for us, we are trying to add metrics to a 3rd party MI tool and Unique Visitors won't add up when we use a look back window as if we upload traffic daily the unique monthly visitors will be significantly higher on our MI tool over Adobe.

I'll go back to the drawing board!

Community Advisor

Ah, that's interesting.. I see that those totals do in fact sum to the monthly total. So this metric does actually not count UVs on the day, if they have already been to the site earlier in the month.

This is something that documentation would have helped with

Well, I know you can get a rolling cumulative UV count by creating a calculated metric like so:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1683555542285.png

Perhaps that would be a starting point... not sure if you can calculate the delta

of UVs from the day before and the current day's import...