Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Mobile Metric - Counting of the "First Launch"

Level 2

Hello!

I understand that the "First Launches" metric is triggered on the first run after an installation or a re-installation.

In terms of "re-installation". does the first launches get triggered when I upgrade the app and re-start (Version Number changes)?

Or is it only counted when the app is completely deleted and then re-install? 

Thank you so much for the help!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@unba2020 Ideally, "First Launch" will not get triggered when an "upgrade" happens

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

Ideally, "First Launches" won't be counted when the app is upgraded.

Employee Advisor

@unba2020 Yes, First Launch will be triggered on the first run after an installation or a re-installation and upgrades are triggered on the first run after an upgrade or when the version number changes.

You can read about it here

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/mobile-services/using/get-started-ug/mobile-metrics/metrics-...

Hope this helps

Level 2

Hi @VaniBhemarasetty 

Thanks! but I already read the guide and definition but I was wondering if the first launch would trigger when the app is "reinstalled" for the "upgrade". I guess not?

Thank you!

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@unba2020 Ideally, "First Launch" will not get triggered when an "upgrade" happens