Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Mobile Apps: Connecting Parameter to Revenue

Level 1
Level 1

We're having some issues where revenue for foreign currency isnt showing up as USD (which is how it should present itself in Adobe). We have a parameter that captures the foreign revenue from the API response, and then we have a parameter that converts it to USD AND that same parameter should be what sends to our revenue metric. I assume this is all configured by the developers but i want to make sure we arent missing anything - is there something you have to do in adobe analytics admin to ensure that everything is passing correctly?

To clarify, this is specifically for mobile app!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@yc3 Irrespective of in which currency you are sending, it converts to report suite currency. For example the report suite currency is set to Euros, and you are sending in USD, adobe converts it to Euros and reports revenue in Euros in reporting. I would suggest you to validate the base currency of the report suite is set to USD and that developers are sending it accordingly from the app end 

You can check this document

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/admin/manage-report-suites/new-report-suite/new-re...

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@yc3 Irrespective of in which currency you are sending, it converts to report suite currency. For example the report suite currency is set to Euros, and you are sending in USD, adobe converts it to Euros and reports revenue in Euros in reporting. I would suggest you to validate the base currency of the report suite is set to USD and that developers are sending it accordingly from the app end 

You can check this document

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/admin/manage-report-suites/new-report-suite/new-re...

Level 1
Level 1

thanks so much! i can confirm that the report suite settings are on USD, so in this case it must be a development issue where the wrong adobe parameter is being mapped to revenue. 

Any chance from a mobile app development standpoint, generally what should be firing on our purchase confirmation page? Is it simply a purchase event and that is what automatically connects to revenue? Or should there be some sort of revenue-specific event on the pages where we are tracking it? How do we ensure that the right parameter that is capturing that value is being mapped to that event? 

Sorry if i may not be explaining this right - i'm not a developer but trying to understand how it works for them and our architect is no longer with us. I cant find this in documentation but want to be able to provide some general direction for developers. Thanks!

Employee Advisor

@yc3 Please check s.CurrencyCode value set at the App end, it should be USD.If you are still facing issues to debug the issue. Please raise a client care ticket, so that our consultants can help you in getting to the root cause